April 19, 2012
Simultaneous Celebration: Carolina’s Promise Launch Parties set for May 10
Momentum for the $1 billion Carolina’s Promise Capital Campaign will extend in reach May 10—coast-to-coast.
Launch Parties will be hosted simultaneously from 6-8 p.m. EDT in 27 cities representing 10 states and the District of Columbia. Thousands of alumni and friends in each location will be greeted by My Carolina Alumni Club leaders and a University dean or representative.
All launch parties will be connected to the Columbia site through social media, as participants view President Harris Pastides’ remarks and an official, animated launch party video featuring Cocky.
Billed as “One Fantastic Night of Celebration,” there is much for Carolina to appreciate the evening of May 10—yet much more to accomplish as Carolina’s Promise passes the halfway point of its $ 1 billion goal by 2015.
An unprecedented, historic campaign like no other in the University’s—or state’s—history, Carolina’s Promise will transform the University of South Carolina and its eight campuses by creating new educational opportunities, advancing discoveries, and improving lives at home and globally. It will result in unprecedented levels of student support, faculty support, faculty initiatives, program enhancements, capital projects, and research initiatives.
The 27 launch parties will be an exciting addition to Carolina’s Promise momentum following the highly successful Nov. 11, 2011 Capital Campaign Kickoff held in Columbia’s Metropolitan Convention Center. Hundreds of guests attended an 11/11 black-tie gala.
The 27 Launch Party cities and their locations are:
- Columbia: Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
- Greenville: School of Medicine, Greenville campus
- Atlanta: Cherokee Town and Country Club
- Charlotte: Charlotte City Club
- Charleston: Cooper River Room
- Chicago: Mid-America Club
- Dallas: Dallas Petroleum Club
- Jacksonville: The River Club of Jacksonville
- Los Angeles: CBS Studio City
- Myrtle Beach: Kimbel’s at Washesaw Plantation Club
- Nashville: Brentwood Country Club
- New York: Yale Club of New York City
- Orlando: Country Club of Orlando
- Philadelphia: The Acorn Club
- Raleigh/Durham: Woman’s Club of Raleigh
- San Diego: To be announced
- Washington, DC: National Press Club
The regional kickoffs are being coordinated by Kinsey Cooper, ’05, ’08 MEd, director of alumni engagement for the Carolina Alumni Association.
For more information on the Launch Parties, and Carolina’s Promise, visit: www.MyCarolina.org/Promise
, and http://giving.sc.edu
- Larry Di Giovanni
, Development Communications